Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Saturday, September 19, 2009

Animal Fair

I went to the animal fair
All the birds and the beasts were there
The big baboon by the light of the moon
Was combing his auburn hair.
The monkey bumped the skunk,
And sat on the elephant's trunk;
The elephant sneezed and fell on his knees
And what became of the monk,
The monk, the monk,
The monk, the monk?

Do you remember this song from childhood? When my friend, Nicole, asked me to design a bib for a friend who was expecting a baby, I kept having that song run through my head. Now, I'm not particularly fond of monkeys, but I do like Nicole. However, all the while I was working on this pattern all I could think about was how I'd much rather be designing an elephant, so I decided to do both. You've already seen the elephant in my previous post, so now here's the monkey, which I affectionately call "Imp".
I think it would make a cute companion piece with the elephant. You could start your own zoo! I do have some new, upcoming designs that will continue this theme, but you have to stay tuned to see what they are! In the meantime, I just want to thank Nicole for making me persevere and a great big, huge thank you to all my wonderful testers! The pdf file is in the sidebar and I've also posted a pattern for a matching cloth.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Your bibs & cloths are adorable & give me inspiration. I just found out that there's going to be a new baby in the family & I'm thinking about knitting several of your cloths & sewing them together to make a blanket. I think that it'll be real cute!