Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Saturday, April 12, 2008

They can't all be winners!

So I had this idea for a bib and it looked so cute on paper, but when I knitted it up, it kind of lost something. I'm not sure that the border is firm enough to keep the edges from rolling up. I haven't decided whether or not I should write up the pattern or if I should go back to the drawing board, or if I should just toss it into the pile of rejects. What do you think?


On another note, I've been working on some more baby leggings. I think this is the greatest idea for keeping little legs warm, especially during diaper changes. This is the pattern by Alana Dakos called Legwarmies. http://nevernotknitting.blogspot.com/2008/01/legwarmies.html I modified it by not changing to stockinette and just ribbed the whole leg. Since little Marty is only two months old, he needs a little "cling" to keep them on his legs. It was pretty mindless knitting, but I loved the yarn so at least I could look forward to the colors changing to keep me interested. The yarn is Regia Ringel Color 5048.

Here is another pair that I'm working on. This time I'm sticking to the pattern (rare for me) and I'm using Knit Picks Felici in very manly browns! This yarn is so soft. The only thing that's bugging me is that there are little flecks of gray throughout the light tan sections. It looks like I was eating something when I was knitting and spattered it on the yarn. The colorway, Pebble, has been discontinued, maybe that's why! I'm thinking that with the left over yarn, I should make a third leg, so when one gets lost in the laundry, there will be a backup!

I'm also working on converting some of the bib patterns into dishcloths or washcloths. A bib and a matching washcloth would make cute baby gifts tucked into a basket with other goodies, don't you think?

8 comments:

Kathy... said...

I for one LOVE the goldfishes! Cute as can be! I may just have to make some leg warmers soon too. Baby stuff can be so addicting.

Are you having fun yet?? :)

AnotherSusan said...

I think the fish are adorable too and hope you do write the pattern up. I think making matching cloths to go with them is a super idea too. Susan

Anonymous said...

I love the fish bib. I do hope you write it up for us.

Unknown said...

I, too, love that fish bib! It just goes to show that they CAN all be winners. Many of us would be so happy if you would share the pattern with us!

Cheryl said...

The fish bibs are adorable! i also want to say i have completed 2 of your bibs and have cast on for the third and they are soooooo much more cute in person than even the pictures show. Thank you again for sharing your patterns!!!

Unknown said...

i love the fishies -- please post your wonderful pattern!

Carla S said...

The fish are a winner in my book! You have a wonderful talent. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Mary said...

I am another one who likes your fish bib can't wait for the pattern,you do nice work.Mary B