Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, June 10, 2011

Well Loved

When my second grandson, Micah, was born, his family was living in Virginia at the time.  I wanted to knit him a soft, fluffy blanket that would also be light for the hot Virginia summers.  I decided to use Sirdar's Chunky Snowflake.
It's a soft, fleecy, chunky yarn that, frankly, is a pain in the neck to knit.  It's tough pulling through the stitches and you really can't get up to any speed knitting with it.  I don't know if they even manufacture it anymore.  Still, it makes this wonderful light fabric, so that's what I used.
See how soft and squishy it is?  Perfect for a light baby blanket.  Now, jump ahead five years and this is what it looks like today.
A stringy, tattered, holey, but well loved, mess!  As you can see, Mickey loves it and won't part with it, even with the offer of a brand new one!  He just tells me it's his and he's fine with it, so I am too. After all, isn't this the reason we all knit in the first place?

5 comments:

Ariel said...

I totally understand. I knitted a baby blanket for my friends baby years ago. The poor blanket has been so well loved but the little girl who is now 16 refuses to give it up. Nothing could make me happier!!

oylenshpeegul said...

Haha! That is great!

Kathy... said...

Our knitted gifts should all be that loved!!!! So precious!

Clover Gal said...

That is the MOST loved blanket I think I've ever seen!

DawnK said...

Awww, what a sweet boy he is!