Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, June 17, 2011

Progress?

Remember the shawl KAL for Among the Heather?  I have been working diligently on it, despite the fact that I seem to be the only one participating in the group.  Here's an update of where I am:















Lace always looks so "rumply" before it's blocked.  However, so far, it has a lot of very pretty texture. At this point, it also has a lot of stitches and I've never been more aware of it until today, when I accidently dropped about three stitches and they unraveled before I could even get some not so ladylike words out of my mouth!














Thankfully, I do have lifelines, but I still have a lot of ripping to do.  A genuine "frog" in the heather.

5 comments:

Kathy... said...

Oh BUMMER!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your dropped sts. I am glad that you had lifelines. Also sorry to hear that you are the only one knitting. Several people signed up, but I guess they changed their minds. Wish I could be knitting it with you, just don't have time right now. On the plus side that means that you will be the prize winner.

Barb said...

Hi Elaine...
I am trying your "Studley" bib and am running into trouble. The pattern calls for a cast on of 41 stitches but when we get to Row 2 we have 42 stitches.We continue with 42 stitches until we get to Row 12 which has 43 stitches. Now I'm new at knitting and may be missing something but I've checked and re-checked the numbers. I've made the "Stretch" bib which turned out Awesome so I'm really excited to do Studley. I too have 3 beautiful grandsons and love all the "boys" stuff. Thank you so much for your time and your beautiful desigsn.

Elaine said...

I double checked the pattern and it is written correctly. If you are ending up with an extra stitch, I suspect that you must be increasing. It’s hard to tell without actually seeing it, but maybe it’s the way you’re slipping the stitch? Or maybe you’re reading the directions wrong. For example, when it says to “k1, p1 for 21 sts.”, it’s the same as if it was written “(k1,p1) x10; k1”. You don’t knit one stitch and then purl for 21 sts. Does that help? If you have any more questions, please email me so I get the message sooner. Thanks!

Barb said...

Thanks Elaine,
I was reading it wrong. Thank you so much for helping me out. I had wondered about the wording but couldn't figure it out on my own. Thanks again.