Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Monday, June 20, 2011

Little Tweet

As promised, here is the mystery cloth that we just finished up on the Yahoo Monthly Dishcloth group today. 



















I thought it was a good cloth to use for springtime, even though tomorrow is the first day of summer. You can use almost any color and "pretend" it's whatever bird you like.













When I went to take a picture of the matching bib, I discovered that I hadn't knit one!  Yikes!  Apparently, I just knit two cloths instead.  Fortunately, my friend and super test knitter, Denise, came to my rescue and let me use her picture for the bib pattern.  I thought I might be able to knit one myself yesterday, even though we were headed to Connecticut to visit with the grandsons for Father's Day.  On the way down, I managed to knit half of it and I was sure I'd be able to knit the rest on the trip home, only as fates would have it, I injured my hand and now can barely knit, let alone type.  With apologies to the Dishcloth Group, who have already heard the story, I'll repost my account of the "event", but you all have to promise not to laugh :


" I was visiting my little grandsons and, being funny, they told me to try and ride my son's new bike. Apparently, they didn't think grandma could do it and, in a complete lack of judgment, I decided to show-off. The bike was a little too high for my short legs and while I started out great, the terrain was rough and I couldn't manage the turn between the swing set and the swimming pool. Unable to catch my balance, I made a spectacular tumble, much to their amusement. I managed to badly bruise my leg and dislocate my finger, but my ego took the worst beating. On the plus side, the boys have new respect for me. On the down side, I can't knit! "
In case you're wondering, the bike is just fine!

No comments: