Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving?

I had designed this turkey bib last year and knit it just in time for my grandson's first Thanksgiving. If I had planned it well, I would have posted it well in advance of the holiday so other babies could also have one. Since I didn't plan well (as usual), I pushed it to the back burner and decided to just wait and post it this year. However, it suddenly occurred to me that all of my Canadian friends might also like it for their Thanksgiving, which I knew was sometime in October. Yesterday, I looked at the calendar and realized it was October 12th! Yikes! I was suddenly motivated to get going and post it, so I wouldn't have to wait another year!
Starting with this pattern, my plan is to include directions for both the short row shaping and the old, more traditional shaping, so you can just pick which method you want to use. (I recommend the short rows!!) It does make for a longer pattern, but I want you to have fun knitting the bibs, so I try to make it as easy, and clear, as I can!
Don't you love these autumnal colors? It's my favorite time of year, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No presents, no cards, just good food and precious time with family.
The pdf files are posted in the sidebar for now. I'm running out of room and may not be able to offer them in the future. My son tells me I'm getting too big for my britches and might have to abandon the blog and move to a website. That doesn't really appeal to me, but I may not have a choice. Of course, I can always just post the directions, as I do now for those of you who have problems with the pdfs, but it's so much easier to just be able to click and save. Sigh... decisions, decisions! In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to all my neighbors to the north!

4 comments:

anncrafts said...

I love your patterns and I like that they are available as pdf's. Thanks for making them available for us!!

Shannan said...

What about posting your PDFs on Ravelry? It won't solve your blog/website dilemma, just an idea. I love all your designs!

Jan E said...

These are delightful and I've already made two. They go together in a snap, too. I am taking you up on your offer to sell them, but not for my own profit, for Project Linus (see http://www.projectlinus.org/). I will, of course, put a little tag on them that gives you credit. Thanks a million for these darling bib ideas!

Unknown said...

Your patterns are wonderful! Is the Happy Thanksgiving one available as a PDF so I can print and make a few for my grandkids?

Kindly advise.

Thanks, Linda E