Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday...or not

Today is my birthday. I’ve been dreading it for quite awhile now. Usually, birthdays don’t particularly bother me, but now I’m 60. 60? How can that be? What is it about hitting a new decade that is so disturbing ? Sigh, I just can’t believe I’m that old. Most days, I don’t even feel old. It’s just that now, I qualify for all those senior discounts at restaurants and fairs and stores and I have to admit that I am, in fact, a senior citizen. I’d like to just stay in bed with the covers over my head, but then I wouldn’t get any presents, and I do like presents, although I enjoy giving them, more than receiving them. Here then is a present for you. Perhaps you know of a little one that might be celebrating a special day.

This bib is a little longer than most of my bibs, but not much, maybe an inch or so. I'm also happy to report that, thanks to Alli and Kathy, it's been test knitted, so hopefully, I won't have to post a corrected version tomorrow! The pdf for the bib and a matching cloth are in the sidebar.

I hope that if you do make this one, the recipient thoroughly enjoys his/her day, because, before you know it, one day they too will be 60!

8 comments:

mle said...

happy birthday, grandma!
what a great pattern.
see you soon!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!I hope it is a delightful one!

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Happy Birthday

Nicole said...

I hope you have a wonderful day! You deserve it!!!!

Jan E said...

Hey Elaine, I can't see an email address for you here, but I wanted to cheer you up, so I've posted a photo on my Ravelry pages (jantexas) where I show all the bibs I've made from your patterns. As I said the other day, I've also made a few of my own using your basic idea. I think you're a terrific designer. Keep yer chin up!

My husband was 60 last week, and he wasn't a happy camper either. I have until next August...

susanmark said...

Happy Birthday, Elaine. This pattern is the cutest one yet.
Hope you have a great day.

HUGS
Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Sixty's the new thirty!! Be of good cheer! Love the birthday bibs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (One day late) You should do what I do now. Celebrate your 1st birthday every year. Age is just a number. You are as young as you believe you are. So be ONE! (But do enjoy the benefits. I loves discounts!)
Hope you had an awesome day. Everyday!