Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, February 12, 2016

Quickie Hearts

I thought I would do a quick little post, so you can see that I'm still alive.  I have been off to a rocky start this year.  One of my doctors thought I might have cancer, but my other one, disagreed.  I've been through a whole round of testing and it looks like my second doctor was right.  Everything (so far) is negative, so yay for me!  I still have some more tests to do, but I'm in a happier frame of mind, as you can imagine!

I do have lots of fun stuff to share, but I thought I'd just start with these cute little kitchen scrubbies.  I knit them for little stocking stuffer gifts for all the women in my family.
The yarn is Red Heart's Scrubby in Cherry. I used this cute free pattern from Simply Notable. It's all done in garter stitch and is a quick and easy knit on U.S. Size 8 needles.
I thought the yarn would be difficult to knit with, but it wasn't bad. It is a little rough, but then that's its purpose.  It's 100% polyester. Also, there's no stitch definition with it, so a garter stitch project is perfect.
The best part is that they actually seem to work!  Always a plus.

Have a happy Valentine's Day. I hope you get to hug whoever is sweetest in your life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy for your positive report from the doctor. Best wishes!

Tired Teacher said...

I'm thrilled to hear that you got a second opinion and that you are cancer free. I hope whatever lead you to the doctor is now being treated and that you start feeling better soon.

Love the scrubbing. I saw this yarn for the first time in January. Is it new?

Unknown said...

is there a pattern for these hearts?? They are so cute!