Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, June 11, 2013

An Oldie

I've been feeling pretty awful about not posting more and I reached the point where I almost thought about giving it up entirely.  Almost.  My son gave me a lecture and I've actually had a few nice knitters contact me. So, I guess I'll try harder!  LOL!!

I thought I would start by posting an "oldie".  This is one of the patterns that I did for the tribute book for Peaches & Creme after they went out of business.  You could only get the pattern if you bought the book, but I get requests for it all the time so I'm just going to post it.  The pdf files are in the sidebar.

 
This was called "Turtle Love".  I knew the gal who ran Peaches & Creme loved turtles,so that was my inspiration.  I do recall that I had a hard time getting this to look the way I wanted.  My daughter-in-law loves turtles too, so I felt a little pressure to make sure it was okay!
I added a chart to the pattern which wasn't included in the original.  I know that a lot of knitters prefer to work from charts, including myself.  It would be so much easier if all the patterns were just charts, then there would just be minimal test knitting required.
Another soggy, rainy day here in Western Massachusetts.  My poor window boxes are starving for some sunshine, but my hydrangeas are loving it.  Good weather for turtles!

19 comments:

linda said...

This pattern is so cute, thank you for taking the trouble to update it. :)

Nancy said...

Please do not get discouraged about posting. Your patterns are adorable and so easy to knit. Thank you for sharing them with other knitters.

Freda said...

I just love your knit patterns and you surely should not stop posting.You are so generous with your patterns a lot of new babies have sure enjoyed them...Thank you very much

Kerry said...

I check you blog almost weekly and would miss you if you were gone. Keep up the good work!

andrea said...

he is so cute. thanks for sharing him with all of us. oh i did make my very first bib and gave the owl to the newest baby at church. her mom loved it (well both of them). now i am almost done using your heart dish cloth pattern as the border for the bunnies that make up the middle of the baby blanket for the little girl that is due in just a few more weeks. when i have a need for a dish cloth your patterns are always the first i go to. thank you so very much for sharing your wonderful talent with the rest of us and allowing us to be part of your family.

Jewells said...

Just gotta say again and again and again, "I LUV your dishcloths!"

Nighthawk18 said...

Thank you for this pattern. So cute! I'm not sure if I'm having a boy or a girl so a turtle, I think, is a perfect unisex pattern :) the only thing I found confusing in your instructions was when it cam time to make the right and left shoulders. It says the first shoulder worked is the left (according to the title) but it is actually the baby's right shoulder. However, it does go on to say the left side of the bib when looking at the front. I figured it out no problem but was initially confusing.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this adorable pattern. The instructions Are excellent. Look forward to checking out the rest of your patterns. Bless you.

Unknown said...

Can you send me the pattern of the turtle dishcloth that was back on June 11 2013

linnstercrafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
linnstercrafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
linnstercrafts said...

Never mind, my mistake! I read the co stitches incorrectly. I apologize.

Felicia said...

Ia this pattern still available my daughter would love it?

linnstercrafts said...

The pdf file is on the sidebar.

Unknown said...

where is the sidebar ???

linnstercrafts said...

On the right side of the blog.

Lynn--the one with the camera! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn--the one with the camera! said...

I don’t see it, either 😕

Anonymous said...

The sidebar is on the right side of the page. Photos and links to patterns. I see it just fine and I'm using a mobile device. Maybe if you go to the Home Page and refresh it you'll see it. I don't know how else I can help you.