Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sweet Tee

At last, here is the pattern for the little t-shirt.  When I first posted the pictures, I had no idea how difficult it would be to write up a pattern!  It's a very easy  to knit, but not so easy to explain!  I hope that in my efforts to make it understandable, I haven't complicated the issue.  Please note that this has not been test knit!  I'm hoping that some of my dedicated followers will be able to help me out with the testing!  I've knit it about six times, but the real test will come when another brain tackles it!


















The shirt is knit in the round and the only finishing, other than weaving in ends, is a little button loop at the neck. You begin by knitting back and forth forming the placket as you go and then, when you reach the required depth, you switch and knit it in the round.














The placket is made by making seed stitch borders and, after joining to knit in the round, the stitches are tapered down to a point.  It lays nice and flat without any bulk.














The pdf file is located in the sidebar under "Miscellaneous" or you can just click here.

I do have lots of ideas for variations, but I haven't included them in this pattern.  I want to wait and make sure that the pattern is correct, before I start offering other designs!  I hope you enjoy it and will help me out with testing it!


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the pattern. I will try to get one started soon.

Aussie Maria said...

So glad you were able to write the pattern up. Will give it a go asap

Vicki Suan said...

I went to Hawaii the first week of June and did not bring my knitting. We've been home since and I still haven't touched my knitting either. I think we all go through phases. But I'll give this Sweet Tee a go. It's small enough and quick to finish. It might jumpstart my knitting again- lol! Thanks for sharing. Will let you know how it goes.

Chantelle said...

Am finishing off a beanie tonight and will cast this on for my daughter tomorrow! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

I LOST PAGE 5 AND 6 OF THE SWEET TEE PDF PATTERN. IS THERE ANY WAY I can get these 2 pages. Thank you