Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sweet Blankets

Now here's a couple of really sweet blankets that I'd like to share with you, especially since it's Valentine's Day! A fellow knitter on Ravelry, Ellen, shared these with me and I thought you'd all enjoy seeing them too!  She knit them for charity and they're destined for a NICU.
 First, she used my bunny patterns (A Tail of Two Bunnies and Hippity Hop) and combined them with my Heartbeat pattern. She used Caron's Simply Soft Solids and used U.S. size 5 or 3.75mm needles.

Her second blanket used my "water" themed squares and she aptly named it "Water Babies".  I have to confess that I just love this one!


The blankets are naturally small, since they're intended for preemies.  Each blanket measures about 17" X 23".  Both blankets look a bit gray, but they're light blue and country blue.
Aren't they darling?  I'm so flattered that Ellen wanted to use my designs. If you're on Ravelry, be sure to tell her how much you like them too.  Ellen uses "melk" as her Ravelry name and I know she'd love to hear from you!  

Thank you Ellen for giving me permission to share your beautiful work!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for sharing the images of these sweet blankets. Ellen did a wonderful job for a good cause.

Christine

Ann Summerville said...

I came across your wonderful blog today. I'm posting a link on my blog - Daisies and Buttercups.
Ann

Ann Summerville said...

Would you mind if I posted a picture of one of your bibs on my blog?
Ann

Nancy Ridges said...

I continue to use your patterns for baby blankets that a friend has requested. a farm one a water creature one for a baby named sailor ( Saylor) and yet another farm/ country theme. They have all meet with delight Sadly, I don't understand how to take a picture and post it without help so I don't share the finished product. Keep on designing your work is the best . I even enjoyed testing the seahorse one for you way back when.

Nancy Ridges at crftynan42@aol.com

DonnaMac said...

Thank you so much for creating & sharing these patterns. I've made several for the many babies being born in the family.

Am wondering if you could re-post the imp bib pattern. The cloth is the file that comes up when clicking on it. Thanks much.

fruit name in hindi said...

fruit name in hindi

urdu mein falon ke naam said...

urdu mein falon ke naam

Lisa said...

The turtle love cloth isn't loading from any of the links, even your direct link. My grandaughter loves turtles and I would love to make it for her. Could you please rellink it or send to my email? I love your work. You are Blessed with a talent many wish they had.

Lisa
lcrook80@gmail.com