Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Monday, October 16, 2017

Unicorns!

Well, if it's October, it must be time for my annual birthday pattern! I know I haven't posted in quite awhile, so if anyone is still reading this blog, I apologize for the long absence. I've been super busy working on knitting hats for the babies at my local hospital.  I also "volunteered" to knit mittens for a Christmas fund raising event for our Historical Society. Actually, my husband asked me if I'd do "something" to help out, so I chose mittens. I'll post some pictures of them in another post, if you'd like to see some. I love knitting mittens.  Well, I did, but after 26 pair, I'm a little burned out.  In any event, back to my birthday post. I was struggling with what to make, when a Ravelry friend asked me if I had a unicorn. I don't do special requests, as it would be impossible to please everyone.  As I've said many times before, I just do these for fun and I'm happy to share. I never intended this to be a job and I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination! The idea of a unicorn appealed to me though and I gave it a whirl.


I think my granddaughter would like this one.  She's way too old for bibs, but she likes to take the washcloths and use them as blankets for her stuffed animals!
I'd post a picture of the bib, but for some reason, every time I try, it comes up sideways!

The links to the patterns are in the sidebar, or you can click here for the bib, or here for the cloth. Note that they are listed as "Baby Unicorn" in the "updated" files.

Many thanks to LouLou for test knitting the pattern.  Such a luxury for me!  I hope you all enjoy my birthday present to you.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, there are still some of us who follow your blog. I love your bib and washcloth patterns. Thank you for sharing them. I have knit a few of them for shower gifts.

Christine

Tiffstitch said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, still following and love this one! I have a friend who will absolutely adore it. Thank you!

Liliy Gnocchi said...

So cute!
Happy Birthday!

oylenshpeegul said...

Happy birthday! Love the unicorn!

Elaine said...

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Glad to know someone still checks out the blog!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome.

Kids Dresses Online India

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday . I LOVE the Unicorn patterns . Thank you .

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine
Your designs are absolutely gorgeous. I will try many of them. Thank you so much.

KDunn said...

I know this is a bit behind , but I still look for all your updates and miss you!

Unknown said...

Hi! Love the pattern but a tad confused by row 24. I count 35 stitches in that row...not 37. Where am I going wrong?
Thank you!

Unknown said...

Nevermind! Found it!!!!!

KDunn said...

I was looking for the blog on my phone and nearly panicked when I got a message that said “blog does not exist”. Typo in my typing. “Whew!

Sue said...

Hi! Loving your patterns. So detailed! Just finished the unicorn bib and for my first one I am impressed. Almost finished the baby sea horse now. Just right side of shoulder to go. Love how the picture starts to form as I’m knitting. I am so grateful to you for doing this! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Would you be able to make the washcloth into a bath towel for a 4 year old? I need a bath towel size. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Still interested if you could do this for me. Thanks.

Unknown said...

This is perfect for three of my Grand-daughters. Thankyou!!!

nanhood54 said...

HI ELAINE!! LOVE YOUR CLOTHS…. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BUY YOUR BABY UNICORN IF I COULD…
THANKS!
NANCY HOOD
Nanhood54@comcast.net

Unknown said...

i cant access the pattern😞

Unknown said...

hi,