I'm still working on the t-shirt pattern. I've knit a couple more, including this variation with a butterfly and an eyelet trim:
Check out the cute button:
I also did a plain version with a ladybug:
It's hard to see in this picture and I'm not as thrilled with it as I hoped I would be.
Both were knitted with Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme. This is a worsted weight and may just be the softest yarn I've ever felt! It's 100% cotton and is put up in 180 yard skeins. It's wonderful to work with and each shirt only took one skein. I didn't have a lot to spare when I was done, but I didn't feel like I was cutting it close either!
I was inspired to make a ladybug soaker to match.
I found the pattern on Ravelry here. It was so much fun to knit. Sandra has so many cute patterns and I can't wait to try a few more!
You only use two colors at a time. I used Cascade Sport 220 which might not have been the best choice for a soaker. However, because the yarn is stranded, it adds an extra layer to make up for the lighter weight. When I reached the crotch, I needed to keep the thickness so I used the same method I do for the heels of socks. First row is "slip 1, k1, etc" and the next row is purled. I was pleased with the results and it's just a fluke that the butterfly shirt also matches the soaker!
As for the shirt pattern, I'm still trying to work out the kinks. I can already tell that it needs to be longer, however, before I go any further, I need to have Baby Ruth (or "Babe Ruth" as she's known in our family) try it on. It might be important to have a shirt that actually fits, don't you think??
Finally, I want to address a question that Ally left me in the comments. She said she was having a problem with her I-cords looking neat. I have a couple of suggestions. First, after you're done knitting them, give them a couple of good hard tugs. Also you can do what I do and pin each end to an ironing board and stretch them out, then give them a good steaming. Don't let the iron touch the fabric, but hold it above it and really hit it with steam. This is also how I block my bibs. Of course, you could always try using my crochet method. Crocheting the ties is pretty easy and so fast. I will admit that you almost always have to steam them with this method. They look like curly fries otherwise. Hope this helps!
I love both the ladybug & butterfly shirts. I don't have little ones to make the shirts for, but what about a dishcloth/bib with either of those designs?
Oh they are all so cute. I think I love the colors a lot too. Green is one of my favourites.
I think all the shirts are adorable. I've never tried a shirt or sweater, but these look simple enough to be a good first project. So many projects on this site, so little time.......It just amazes me how fast you put these patterns out.
I didn't exactly know where to put this, but I have some suggestions of bib/cloth patterns I think would be really cute. The above link is for a cute dinasour.
I also think it would be awesome if at some point you could figure out a pattern for a dolphin, lamb, dragon, bee, butterfly, and dragonfly. I would be glad to test knit them.
çok güzel örgüler sizi tebrik ederim görüşmek üzere sevgiler.
I'm glad to hear you will still be designing bib and cloth patterns. I'm also looking forward to the shirts you design
There is already a lamb pattern available through Ravelry by Elaine
Looks like I missed something here. Oh well, that's probably for the best. I love your patterns as I hope you know from the number of times I refer people to your blog. This new set is so cute. Makes me wish my DGD was still little. Maybe someday I'l get new grands to knit for.
Post a Comment