The yarn is some Cascade 220 that I had in my stash. I'm not sure how I ended up with the pink but there it was! As you can see, I knit part way down and then switched to a pretty green to finish it off. The lambs were duplicate stitched after it was done.
I couldn't resist adding one black sheep, or in this case, gray sheep, going the opposite way on the backside. I randomly embroidered the little flowers with lazy daisy stitches for the leaves and french knots for the blossoms. I also embroidered french knots for the sheeps' bodies, just to make them look woolly.
I'll post the chart for the lambs in the sidebar under "Miscellaneous" for anyone who might like it. The pattern repeats over 12 stitches, so you may have to add or subtract extra stitches to space the sheep out on your project. I think they'd look really cute along the base of a sweater too! Or you could knit some mittens and have a little lamb on each mitten facing each other. Lots of possibilities. Wish I had lots of time to explore them all!
That is a really gorgeous soaker! I might have to have a bit of a play with the size to make for my 17month daughter. Thank you for sharing - they are delightful!
So very cute!
The little lambs wool soaker is absolutely adorable! It'll be so cute and feminine on your new grand daughter.
Cutest thing ever!
Love this one!
Post a Comment