Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Better late than never!

Recently, i hosted another KAL for the Monthly Dishcloth Group on Yahoo.  I'm a little late in posting the pattern.  My husband is quite ill (he'll be fine, but it's going to take awhile), and I've had family staying with me waiting for power to be restored to their home.  As many of you might know, our area was devastated by a massive and unexpected snowstorm.  Personally, we were lucky and were spared the power outages, but my son and his family were without utilities for nine days!  Needless to say, life around here has been "fun" but hectic!  On top of all this, I had to remember to post rows for the KAL.  What's that expression?  "Timing is everything"?

In any event, here is the elusive pattern.  It's called "A Peacock for Tunie".  Tunie is a good friend who lives in Australia and raises peacocks.  She has been very patiently waiting for me to release this pattern so she can share her own projects.  Rumor has it that she's even knitted a reverse peacock.  She has them left and right.  Kind of like her home!

3 comments:

Mlle Carlie said...

Hello!
I have a dream in mind to use your patterns to create a large blanket for my niece using 25 of the "washcloth" patterns. I'm having so much trouble with it though because while they're similar, each cloth is not the same size! I need to have them contain the same amount of stitches and rows to create the patchwork. I can figure out how to expand or reduce the images for those that you provided charts for but for all the images without them I just can't figure out how to make them the size I need. Do you have charts for those that are missing by chance? Do you have any advice on how I can add/subtract without confusion?
Thanks for any help you can give - I've been working on this for weeks and done so much math and unsuccessfully rewritten a dozen of these :(
Carlie

Elaine said...

Well Carlie, all I can tell you is that I have been trying to be consistent with my recent patterns. A quick count of the patterns that I've released comes to 15. (Baby Joey, Belle, Fred, Eleanor, Goat, Gus, Hay Baby, Koala, Little Tweet, Peacock, Penguin, Ted E. Bear, Pete, Hop a Long, and the Mouse) I don't have all of the charts. I just have my original ones that haven't been converted to excel yet. I'm slowly working on them and I'll post them when they're done. I did see a cute blanket on Ravelry that someone did using just three of the patterns, but she alternated them in her rows. This might be a good idea for you. Pick five patterns and mix them up. You could even take some of the charts and reverse them. Hope this helps.

Mlle Carlie said...

Thanks so much for your suggestions :) I had to sacrifice some animals but I finally got something together that's all the same size. Thanks for pointing me to Belle, Pete and Eleanor; I hadn't seen them yet! Your pattern will really make a nice blanket - now, to work!
-Greetings from Paris