Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Make Way for Geese!

I came across this adorable pattern for a hat on Ravelry called Olga the Goose.  While I love it as a hat, I thought it would also make a cute soaker.

The pattern worked out perfectly for the number of stitches.  At first, I tried to knit it by stranding, but that was just a hot mess.  I ripped it out and decided the only way it was going to work was if I used a duplicate stitch.

Once I got going on it, it was actually a lot of fun to do.  I'm happy with the way it came out and so is my daughter-in-law, which is what really counts!

I used Cascade 220, all of which I found tucked away in my stash, which made this project even sweeter.  It's hard to come up with something cute for a little girl when I've only been knitting for boys the past eight years! 


patchofblue said...

OMG they are too too adorable. You are so talented. I am currently teaching the girls that work with me to make your bibs. We are having a lot of fun with those. Thank you so much for all you do.

Muschie said...

Oh, how cute! I'm always looking for new diaper cover patterns for my son's cloth diapers. I absolutely love this.