Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Over!

I survived the first KAL, but I am a little relieved that it's over. Things didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped. Once again, my computer was attacked by a virus on the second day. Fortunately, it hit after I posted the directions for that day, but I was one stressed out wreck all day. The last time this happened, my son installed some protection program that did its work. It only took him three hours to get me back up and running again!


I received lots and lots of nice emails from group members, which boosted my spirits considerably. I only had one (so far) negative response. That's pretty good for a group with over 7,800 members! I knew going into this that you can't please everyone!

In any event, here is the cloth for August. It's my Baby Starfish. I've posted both the bib and the cloth. If you want a pdf, you'll have to be patient because my webspace is filled. I'm still working on getting another site to host the patterns. It should be ready by next week. In the meantime, you can just cut and paste if you can't wait.

I hope you'll like this one. It just reminds me of the beach and fun summers along the coast of Maine and Cape Cod.


I agreed to host two more Kals this year and I thought I would have some time to regroup, but I just checked and realized that I'm scheduled to do next month's too!! Yikes! Everyone will be sick of me by the end of the year!

10 comments:

spunkygal said...

This was so much fun. I love the cute little starfish. Thanks so much!

KraftiMama said...

Now you know that will never happen! I love your adorable creations!

Thanx for this one!

Kathy... said...

LOL....and I remember when you were a shy thing...not even wanting to set up a blog. NOW look at you!!!! You go girlfriend!!!

alcatmom said...

Um, no, we will not be sick of you and your wonderful designs ever! Just ignore the negative people, always have at least one in a crowd. I haven't had a chance to knit this one yet but it's very cute! Thank you so much for stepping up to do this!!!

Karin said...

Loved this KAL. I loved the pattern and I believe that I will knit the bib. Can't wait for the next pattern.

Thanks,

Karin

Donna said...

This is just lovely, I am going to make the bib as well! Thank you so much for sharing with us, and I too look forward to the next one! Off to find needles and that blue yarn... :-)

Unknown said...

It was a great KAL! I'm looking forward to your next one. I'm doubly excited about the bib!!!! I'm finishing up a basket for a friend who is due in September. Thank you for your hard work.

emma said...

Loved doing the adorable baby starfish. Have downloaded your other baby washcloths but am having problems reding directions. Have emailed you but it keeps returning to me. Could you please reply on my email and I'll try resending it? Thanks Emma

CuriousJess said...

I just bought orange cotton to make a burp cloth out of cuz I'm having a love affair with orange lately and now yay the starfish will make a lovely orange burp cloth! thanks so much!

Pwill54 said...

I have been knitting like crazy to get knitted gifts done for a baby shower for my niece in law. Now, after seeing your darling patterns for the bibs and clothes, I have more to finish! Pwill54