Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Monday, December 8, 2008

Let It Snow, Baby!

Since I started my blog and joined Ravelry, I have made so many nice friends all over the world. It's so much fun to get to chat with other knitters and see what they're working on. I love seeing other people's projects. Anyway, one of my "new" friends just happens to be almost in my backyard (well, in my State anyway)! Nicole has sent me several nice notes and one of them just happened to mention how much she would like a snowman. Well, I was actually thinking about doing it, but I let her think it was all her idea! In any event, here is my gift this season to all my friends. It's really fun to knit and for some reason, this guy just makes me smile. I hope you'll like him too.


And for those of you who aren't into making bibs, I also did a version in a dishcloth. This would be really nice as a washcloth, if it was done in a soft cotton. I used Peaches & Creme for both my samples, light blue for the bib and mauve for the dishcloth.



You can grab the pdf in the sidebar. I usually also post the line by line instructions, but I don't know that anyone actually prefers that method, so since time is short (for everyone) I just did the pdf files.



I hope everyone has a safe, fun filled holiday!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Aw shucks, Elaine, you are too sweet! I just adore them both! You did a fantastic job. I'm putting both on needles tonight!
Big hugs,
Nicole
xoxo

mle said...

those are really adorable, gma.

we gotta get your hyenacart up and running- maybe we can work on it when we come up next weekend?

pojo said...

HI, Thanks for the patterns. They are so cute i don't have any free needles too start them. Off to acmoore's to get some more.
Pat

susanmark said...

HI Elaine,

THANK YOU for this wonderful pattern set. They are the cutest yet!!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving Pm, we got a baby granddaughter. We didn't know we were getting one. My ds and dil are separated and he said the baby wasn't his. SURPRISE!!!!!!! She is.

We took him to visit her when we took his son back to their dm's. My ds fell completely head over heels in LOVE with her at first sight. He literally turned to MUSH!!!

Anyways, the bib and washcloth will be perfect for them for Christmas.

THANK YOU AGAIN and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY 2009!!!!!

Hugs
Susan

LDSVenus said...

Those are absoulutely adorable!! I love Christmas things but it's also nice to have some you can continue to use throughout the winter too. You are so creative!

Laurie said...

Charming! Thanks for sharing your pattern

RoamingKnitter said...

You have done it again! Another great pattern. Cutest snowman I've ever seen.
Pat

Alli's Little World of Knitting! said...

This bib/cloth set is Absolutely PRECIOUS Elaine!! You make the world's sweetest little bibs! Your designs are so clear and cute!

Thank you so much for being such a great friend and for providing the world with your lovely patterns!

Hugs
Alli

Cathy said...

Those are the cutest bibs! well done!